The recommended way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Greensboro is to compare prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in North Carolina.
- Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper SLS AMG coverage is available in Greensboro. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One piece of advice is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent car insurance study discovered that about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. consumers can save 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates online.
Many insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get insurance quotes on the web. The process doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into the form. Behind the scenes, their system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price.
Being able to quote online for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Greensboro streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a better rate.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you’re receiving a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Greensboro, NC. To get cheap car insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in Greensboro, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Mercedes-Benz for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Discounts can help save money on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Greensboro
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so the below list has both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Professional Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Greensboro car insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current SLS AMG insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best discounts in Greensboro, click here.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Comparing prices from local Greensboro insurance agencies
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Greensboro.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Greensboro who will give you quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Greensboro
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Greensboro who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
- Southeastern Agency Group Inc
1501 Highwoods Blvd # 301 – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 218-7470 – View Map
- Jim Costas Agency
5505 Adams Farm Ln – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 292-9992 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: John A Peterson Jr
1451 S Elm-Eugene St #2119 – Greensboro, NC 27406 – (336) 303-8992 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kayode Abimbola
603 Summit Ave #101 – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 273-6363 – View Map
- Pam White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2608 Oakcrest Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-1111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Chris Just
1420 Westover Terrace Ste D – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 854-7701 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. A good agent in Greensboro will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you get positive responses to these questions as well as cheaper SLS AMG insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you can always cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t think that you’re stuck with a policy for the full policy term.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, loss of income, pain and suffering, medical expenses and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. North Carolina requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your SLS AMG caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your SLS AMG to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like dental work, funeral costs, surgery and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop smart and save
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or high prices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
As you quote Greensboro car insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Discount Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Greensboro is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Greensboro, so you need to quote Greensboro car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)