Finding cheap Audi A5 insurance in Greensboro might be slightly frustrating for beginners to comparing prices online. With a ridiculous number of companies in the marketplace, it can easily be a real difficult job to find the perfect company for you.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who do rate comparisons will presumably buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing the best way to compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
It’s important to compare prices every six months because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best quotes on Audi A5 insurance in Greensboro a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
When quoting insurance, remember that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. To get cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Audi A5
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A5 in Greensboro, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance data for an Audi A5
The price information displayed next highlights estimates of insurance rates for Audi A5 models. Being able to understand how rate quotes are established can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$326||$218||$12||$66||$800||$67|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$326||$218||$12||$66||$800||$67|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$370||$218||$12||$66||$844||$70|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$370||$218||$12||$66||$844||$70|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$370||$218||$12||$66||$844||$70|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$370||$256||$16||$76||$896||$75|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$370||$256||$16||$76||$896||$75|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$370||$218||$12||$66||$864||$72|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$198||$370||$256||$16||$76||$916||$76|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$198||$370||$256||$16||$76||$916||$76|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$412||$218||$12||$66||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower prices substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Audi A5 insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault claims drive up Audi A5 auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Audi A5 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Audi A5 yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in North Carolina. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A5 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Audi A5 insurance in Greensboro.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below compares Audi A5 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.