The best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Greensboro.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper F-350 coverage is available in Greensboro. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around for the cheapest price will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for insurance in Greensboro is your ultimate objective, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
This article’s goal is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using this information. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the quickest way to quote multiple rates instantly.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information including which vehicles you own, if the car is leased, how much school you completed, and whether or not you need a SR-22. The data is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Ford F-350 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in North Carolina. In order to find the best car insurance in Greensboro, NC, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Earn discounts on Greensboro insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at their driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on F-350 insurance in Greensboro.
- Online Discount – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing online.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-350 insurance prices with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver, defensive driver
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, anti-theft, annual mileage, multi-policy, and type of vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for anti-theft, good student, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, anti-theft, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, and anti-theft.
If you need affordable Greensboro auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. For a list of companies with discount rates in North Carolina, follow this link.
Ford F-350 insurance coverage information
The coverage information shown below outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Ford F-350 models. Learning more about how car insurance premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$104||$204||$358||$22||$108||$796||$66|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$104||$204||$358||$22||$108||$796||$66|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$116||$174||$240||$14||$72||$616||$51|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$116||$204||$358||$22||$108||$808||$67|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$116||$204||$240||$14||$72||$646||$54|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$116||$204||$240||$14||$72||$646||$54|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$116||$204||$358||$22||$108||$808||$67|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$116||$204||$358||$22||$108||$808||$67|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$116||$204||$358||$22||$108||$808||$67|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$116||$204||$358||$22||$108||$808||$67|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$116||$204||$358||$22||$108||$808||$67|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$116||$204||$358||$22||$108||$808||$67|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$116||$204||$240||$14||$72||$646||$54|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$116||$204||$240||$14||$72||$646||$54|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$116||$204||$240||$14||$72||$646||$54|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$116||$236||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$116||$236||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$116||$236||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$116||$236||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$116||$236||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$116||$236||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$116||$236||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$128||$204||$240||$14||$72||$658||$55|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$204||$240||$14||$72||$658||$55|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$128||$204||$240||$14||$72||$658||$55|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$128||$204||$240||$14||$72||$658||$55|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$128||$204||$240||$14||$72||$658||$55|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$128||$204||$240||$14||$72||$658||$55|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$204||$240||$14||$72||$658||$55|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$128||$236||$358||$22||$108||$852||$71|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$128||$236||$358||$22||$108||$852||$71|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$128||$236||$358||$22||$108||$852||$71|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$128||$236||$358||$22||$108||$852||$71|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$236||$240||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$236||$240||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$236||$240||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$236||$240||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$236||$240||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$128||$236||$358||$22||$108||$852||$71|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$128||$236||$358||$22||$108||$852||$71|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$236||$240||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$128||$236||$240||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase coverage prices substantially.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford F-350 insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford F-350 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Greensboro Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Lower car insurance rates by staying claim free – Insurance companies in North Carolina provide better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Premiums also based on gender – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Females and males are in accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The chart below compares Ford F-350 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Vehicle features can affect premiums – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Traffic violations increase costs – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Ford F-350 insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive your Ford in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your F-350 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Ford F-350 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Amount of liability – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Only buy what you need – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Ford F-350 claim data – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine prices. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-350 Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-350 4WD 78 54 Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD 66 90 98 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD 108 232 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD 96 134 179 47 44 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years