The best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Greensboro is to annually compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in North Carolina.
- Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Spectra coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Greensboro could save up to 10% each year, but they don’t want to spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. This article’s goal is to help you learn the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how to save the most money. Smart shoppers only have to learn the best way to shop for car insurance from many different companies.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Better prices for continuous insurance coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Alarm systems save money – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Kia Spectra earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- City traffic equals higher rates – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Less people means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Gender matters – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of companies apply lower prices for people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other Greensboro Spectra insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Younger driver insurance premiums – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers tend to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The make and model of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are usually found on economy passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Quote Greensboro Kia Spectra insurance online
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Greensboro, NC. To locate cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Kia Spectra
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Greensboro, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Spectra has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $869 every year so shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Greensboro
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Greensboro could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a slight reduction on a Greensboro car insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Greensboro car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current Spectra insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, anti-theft, good student, federal employee, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-theft, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for defensive driver, early bird, homeowners, automatic seat belts, student driver, driver training, and theft prevention.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
When getting free Greensboro car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policies in Greensboro.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people still like to go talk to an agent. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Greensboro that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How are claims handled?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you want to use a local Greensboro insurance agency, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Greensboro exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Brad Williams
4125 Walker Ave C – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 852-2627 – View Map
- Charlie Ganim – State Farm Insurance Agent
2008 New Garden Rd – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 282-9229 – View Map
- Jim Goard – State Farm Insurance Agent
407 Parkway Ave c – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 274-1918 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you need to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following are independent agents in Greensboro that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael Bare Agency
2828 Battleground Ave Ste C – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-5033 – View Map
- Barnett-Smith Insurance
218 N Eugene St – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 272-4554 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Haywood Insurance Agency Inc
2211 W Meadowview Rd Ste 110 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 855-1234 – View Map
Once you have good answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Will my Kia Spectra be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Greensboro?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
When getting Greensboro car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Greensboro is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Greensboro, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
You just read some good ideas how to shop for Kia Spectra insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Car Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)