Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a significant possibility of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on car insurance in Greensboro is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
The recommended way to save money on car insurance rates in Greensboro is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Once received, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you’re already insured or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Locating the best rates in Greensboro is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Vehicle owners just have to know the most effective way to shop for auto insurance online from multiple companies.
Seven Things That Affect Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Certain employers pay higher rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as doctors, social workers, and medical professionals generally have the highest rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, careers such as actors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Deter vehicle theft – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Know your credit history – Having a good credit history can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Park Avenue if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with bad credit.
- Traffic violations drive up premiums – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one driving citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. People who have license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Premiums for males may be higher – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Greensboro, NC, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Buick Park Avenue
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Greensboro, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Buick at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Buick Park Avenue insurance in Greensboro with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Park Avenue insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Greensboro auto insurance online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower car insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some companies who might offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To locate car insurance companies that offer discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If they are an independent agency in Greensboro, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Shown below is a short list of insurers in Greensboro that may be able to provide price quotes for Buick Park Avenue insurance in Greensboro.
Fleszar Insurance Agency
218 S Swing Rd #1 – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 553-2780 – View Map
Upon getting acceptable answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance.
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
More affordable insurance in Greensboro can be purchased on the web and with local Greensboro insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information is available below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)