Astonishing but true, over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Greensboro could save almost $100 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Greensboro.
- First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to get affordable coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. Immediately put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Our goal is to tell you how car insurance quotes work. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Comparison shoppers just have to use the fastest way to compare company rates online.
How much is Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Greensboro?
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in North Carolina. To buy cheap auto insurance in NC, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Greensboro auto insurance rates with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance companies give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current Pacifica insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Greensboro car insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Travelers has savings for payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, multi-policy, driver training, early quote, and save driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for theft prevention, air bags, homeowners, teen driver, and early bird.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, student away at school, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, and multi-car.
When getting free Greensboro car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. To see auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Greensboro, click here.
How You Can Control Chrysler Pacifica Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Chrysler in a year the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Pacifica is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Age of drivers – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Gender and car insurance – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Combine policies and save – Many insurance companies apply discounts to people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare Chrysler Pacifica rates in Greensboro to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Don’t abuse insurance claims – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in North Carolina provide the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Some consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Most agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important especially in Greensboro.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Greensboro who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Greensboro can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Greensboro who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Barnett-Smith Insurance
218 N Eugene St – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 272-4554 – View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
924 E Bessemer Ave – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 272-7168 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Haywood Insurance Agency Inc
2211 W Meadowview Rd Ste 110 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 855-1234 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Greensboro who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm: Ashley Collins
w ste b 27403, 1610 W Friendly Ave – Greensboro, NC 27403 – (336) 274-7900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John L. Palmer
445 Dolley Madison Rd a – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 852-8800 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Judy T. Slade
1320 Lees Chapel Rd g – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 375-5920 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
How much auto insurance do I need?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is glass protection for?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in North Carolina?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
You can lower your car insurance rates
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.