Nobody I know likes paying for insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates will most likely switch companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $850 each year compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Mercury Mountaineer insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of how to quote and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
How to find discount Mercury Mountaineer insurance in Greensboro
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Greensboro. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides the details to get better rates and get additional discounts.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. As soon as you can, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with ads and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in Greensboro is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
All major car insurance companies give insurance quotes from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Mercury Mountaineer insurance in Greensboro is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the system gets your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the cheapest possible prices on car insurance.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you are getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in North Carolina. To locate cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Rates and information analytics
The data table shown below outlines a range of insurance prices for Mercury Mountaineer models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance prices are calculated is important for making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mountaineer Premier 2WD||$134||$240||$250||$14||$74||$712||$59|
|Mountaineer Premier AWD||$134||$240||$250||$14||$74||$712||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific location which can modify auto insurance rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Mercury Mountaineer insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insuring your Mountaineer just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Mercury Mountaineer, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Mercury Mountaineer and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get Cheaper Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the factors that factor into premiums.
Employer stress can make you pay more – Careers like fire fighters, airline pilots, and dentists have higher rates than average due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like actors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.
Know your credit history – Credit score factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your Mercury Mountaineer by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Younger vs. older drivers – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better rates – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your Mercury from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Affordable Greensboro auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Student in College – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Greensboro and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mercury Mountaineer yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that offer discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Greensboro.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Greensboro who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Best auto insurance in North Carolina
Picking a high-quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Greensboro. The ranking data shown below may help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
Be persistent and save
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Mercury Mountaineer insurance premium rates in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some auto insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Budget-conscious Mercury Mountaineer insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Greensboro insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding better rates for Mercury Mountaineer insurance in Greensboro
The preferred way to get the cheapest Mercury Mountaineer insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Greensboro.
- Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Honda Accord in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)