Regrettably, the vast majority of insurance customers in North Carolina kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared insurance rates at all. The average driver in the U.S. can cut their rates by up to $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Greensboro is to do an annual price comparison from companies who sell insurance in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare rate quotes over the internet.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Greensboro is to know the trick most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is provide details like the type of vehicles you drive, if you’re married, daily mileage, and any included safety features. Your details gets sent immediately to multiple auto insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Chevy Silverado now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. To buy the best car insurance in Greensboro, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare rate quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate table shown next covers estimates of prices for Chevy Silverado models. Being aware of how insurance prices are figured can benefit drivers when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$100||$164||$286||$16||$86||$652||$54|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$100||$164||$254||$16||$76||$610||$51|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$116||$200||$286||$16||$86||$704||$59|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$116||$200||$286||$16||$86||$704||$59|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$116||$200||$254||$16||$76||$662||$55|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$116||$200||$254||$16||$76||$662||$55|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$116||$200||$286||$16||$86||$704||$59|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$116||$200||$286||$16||$86||$704||$59|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$236||$254||$16||$76||$712||$59|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$236||$286||$16||$86||$754||$63|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$236||$254||$16||$76||$712||$59|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$236||$286||$16||$86||$754||$63|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$130||$236||$286||$16||$86||$754||$63|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$130||$236||$254||$16||$76||$712||$59|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$236||$286||$16||$86||$754||$63|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$236||$254||$16||$76||$712||$59|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$130||$272||$254||$16||$76||$748||$62|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$144||$272||$254||$16||$76||$762||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter rates substantially.
Check for these discounts on Chevy Silverado insurance in Greensboro
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Greensboro auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Greensboro auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current Silverado insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Silverado insurance in Greensboro.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- New Car Discount – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, good student, multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- Travelers has discounts for continuous insurance, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and driver training.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including preferred payment discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, good student, new move discount, and newly retired.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Greensboro. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer online Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Greensboro, click here to view.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What is glass protection for?
- If my Chevy Silverado is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.