Regrettably, a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many drivers in Greensboro could save about $94 a year by just shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Acura RLX insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Greensboro.
- First, take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Save a ton on Acura RLX insurance in Greensboro with these discounts
Some insurers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Online Discount - Some larger companies will give a small break for signing up on their website.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a defensive driving class could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Greensboro Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down your premiums.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Greensboro, click this link.
Compare free Greensboro Acura RLX insurance price quotes
To get low cost Greensboro car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online. Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you also need to get rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Greensboro, NC. To get the best cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Acura RLX Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your premiums.
Type of vehicle determines base rates - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are usually for economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Stay claim-free and reduce car insurance rates - If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in North Carolina provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Extra policy coverages can cost a lot - There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them consider taking them off your policy.
Know your credit history - An insured's credit history factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Acura RLX by improving your rating.
Acura RLX insurance loss statistics - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Greensboro that can provide free Greensboro car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Greensboro should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Greensboro?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does their agency support local causes in Greensboro?
- How long has their agency been in business in Greensboro?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Greensboro can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Greensboro who can help you get price quotes.
- John Klopp - State Farm Insurance Agent
401 Battleground Ave - Greensboro, NC 27401 - (336) 268-9000 - View Map
- Barry Morgan - State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 N O Henry Blvd Srv Rd b - Greensboro, NC 27407 - (336) 294-3894 - View Map
- Jackie Smith - State Farm Insurance Agent
1611 New Garden Rd - Greensboro, NC 27410 - (336) 299-7998 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it's recommended you get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agents in Greensboro who can help you get price quote information.
- Scott Insurance
628 Green Valley Rd #306 - Greensboro, NC 27408 - (336) 273-6599 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Chris Baughan
3225 Battleground Ave - Greensboro, NC 27408 - (336) 286-3303 - View Map
- ALLCHOICE Insurance
7 Corporate Center Ct - Greensboro, NC 27408 - (336) 540-0463 - View Map
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Greensboro, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your RLX has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so shop around every year to save money.
Cheaper coverage is out there
The cheapest Acura RLX insurance in Greensboro is attainable both online and with local Greensboro insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Acura RLX insurance prices in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Greensboro car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and high prices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)