A recent survey discovered that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in North Carolina being $980, drivers could save themselves approximately $90 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Greensboro.
- First, take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for instructions to get cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Many insurance companies give coverage prices directly from their websites. Comparing Chevy City Express insurance rates online is quite simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences into a form. Behind the scenes, their rating system will obtain your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for Chevy City Express insurance in Greensboro makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest price on insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Greensboro, NC. To locate cheap car insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Chevy City Express insurance analysis
The table shown next outlines a range of prices for Chevy City Express models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are formulated is important for drivers to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$208||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,056||$88|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$208||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,140||$95|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$238||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,170||$98|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$238||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,170||$98|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$238||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,170||$98|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$238||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,170||$98|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$238||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,170||$98|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$238||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,170||$98|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$238||$476||$336||$20||$100||$1,170||$98|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$238||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,254||$105|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$238||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,254||$105|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$238||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,254||$105|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,254||$105|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Chevy City Express car insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below compares Chevy City Express insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy City Express book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Affordable Greensboro car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below compares Chevy City Express annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Greensboro.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy City Express insurance, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy City Express, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which auto insurance company is best in Greensboro?
Selecting a high-quality auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Greensboro. The ranking information displayed below can help you pick which insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Many people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Greensboro who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Greensboro?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Greensboro?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you need to find local Greensboro agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Greensboro are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Greensboro willing to provide price quote information.
- Zach Crutchfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
3608 W Friendly Ave #207 – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 547-0316 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kayode Abimbola
603 Summit Ave #101 – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 273-6363 – View Map
- John Klopp – State Farm Insurance Agent
401 Battleground Ave – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 268-9000 – View Map
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Greensboro that are able to give rate quotes.
- Gladwell Insurance Agency
5709 W Friendly Ave – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 299-5185 – View Map
- Pelnik Insurance
3828 Burlington Rd – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 621-5057 – View Map
- Triad Insurance Partners
905 McClellan Pl – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map