Would you like to stop overpaying and find low-cost Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Greensboro? Have you finally had enough of scraping the payment together to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are no different than millions of other drivers.
It’s hard to fathom, but most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Greensboro can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Finding cheap Greensboro car insurance quotes is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Greensboro car insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice of a local agency. You can, however, get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Greensboro Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to study driving manner remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Greensboro car insurance quote.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the larger companies who may offer these discounts include:
If you are trying to find low cost Greensboro car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply in every state.
Smart Buyers Know How to Quote Insurance for Less
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Urban areas may pay more – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Safer vehicles means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Chevy from damage. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Insurance rates and your employer – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like military personnel, executives, and medical professionals generally have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Don’t cancel your insurance without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
Local Greensboro insurance agencies
A small number of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Greensboro that can provide free Greensboro car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Greensboro should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Greensboro who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Greensboro willing to provide comparison quotes.
Fleszar Insurance Agency
218 S Swing Rd #1 – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 553-2780 – View Map
Once you have good answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing a policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy TrailBlazer?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Be persistent and save
Lower-priced Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Greensboro can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Greensboro agents, so get free Greensboro car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can save on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Greensboro. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet TrailBlazer insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Greensboro
The recommended way to get budget Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Greensboro is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
First, read and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. View rates
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Greensboro Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Honda Accord in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)