Do you want to learn how to find cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Greensboro? Are you at wits end from wondering where the money will come from to pay car insurance each month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other consumers in North Carolina.
It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely switch car insurance companies because of the high probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $865 a year compared to people who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is the reason you're reading this, knowing the best ways to shop for insurance rates can make the process less intimidating.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the lowest price on Ford F-150 insurance in Greensboro.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the best rate on Ford F-150 insurance in Greensboro a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you're already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts you're about to learn. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Greensboro is quite easy. But North Carolina car owners do need to know how companies charge you for coverage.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps locate the best rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so it's necessary to compare rates from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Greensboro, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though Greensboro F-150 insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance analysis for a Ford F-150
The information displayed next showcases different rate quotes for Ford F-150 models. Being able to understand how rates are determined can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$152||$192||$256||$16||$76||$692||$58|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$152||$246||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$152||$246||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$152||$246||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$152||$246||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$246||$256||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$176||$246||$256||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$176||$246||$256||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$176||$246||$256||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$176||$246||$256||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$246||$256||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$176||$246||$256||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$176||$246||$256||$16||$76||$770||$64|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$246||$256||$16||$76||$792||$66|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$198||$246||$256||$16||$76||$792||$66|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$198||$246||$256||$16||$76||$792||$66|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$198||$298||$256||$16||$76||$844||$70|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$220||$352||$256||$16||$76||$920||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$220||$352||$256||$16||$76||$920||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$220||$352||$256||$16||$76||$920||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates considerably.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Ford F-150 insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Greensboro car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Memberships - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Sign Online - A few larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, multi-vehicle, air bags, driver training, and military active duty.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, renters, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply everywhere.