Unbelievably, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Greensboro could pocket nearly 10% a year, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Greensboro is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in North Carolina.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Greensboro is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Drivers just have to know the proper methods to compare company rates from many different companies online.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Greensboro takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as driver details, if the car is leased, if your license is active, and if a SR-22 is needed. That information is instantly submitted to many different companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To check Ford Shelby GT350 insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Greensboro, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional in North Carolina
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Greensboro, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $810 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper rates on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Greensboro with these ten car insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- E-sign – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the web.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with several vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in high school.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few companies who may offer these benefits include:
When getting free Greensboro car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Greensboro who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Greensboro?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How often do they review coverages?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you would like to find a good Greensboro insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro who can help you get price quotes.
Barry Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 N O Henry Blvd Srv Rd b – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 294-3894 – View Map
Zach Crutchfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
3608 W Friendly Ave #207 – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 547-0316 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Greensboro who can help you get comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Haywood Insurance Agency Inc
2211 W Meadowview Rd Ste 110 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 855-1234 – View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford Shelby GT350?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of insurance can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for surgery, doctor visits, chiropractic care and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Due to the fact that many North Carolina drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Shelby GT350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability – Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. North Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Cheap Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Greensboro is available online and with local Greensboro insurance agents, so you need to shop Greensboro car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available below: