How long has it been since the last time you looked for cheaper insurance rates in Greensboro, NC? Greensboro buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Jeep Patriot insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Jeep and locate the cheapest rates.
It’s a good habit to compare prices at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Jeep Patriot insurance in Greensboro a year ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to find better coverage on Jeep Patriot insurance in Greensboro at a better price.
Companies offering low-cost Jeep Patriot rate quotes in Greensboro, NC
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Greensboro, NC. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, NC, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Statistics and details
The information displayed next showcases different policy rates for Jeep Patriot models. Having knowledge of how policy rates are figured can benefit drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$90||$172||$282||$16||$84||$644||$54|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$90||$172||$282||$16||$84||$644||$54|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$102||$210||$282||$16||$84||$694||$58|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$102||$210||$282||$16||$84||$694||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in Greensboro location which can change coverage prices greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Jeep Patriot insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Jeep Patriot insurance in Greensboro
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Patriot can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Greensboro and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Jeep Patriot car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers discounts include save driver, good student, home ownership, multi-policy, early quote, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, distant student, good student, teen driver, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- USAA may have discounts that include new vehicle, multi-vehicle, military installation, loyalty savings, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly retired, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new move discount, and safety features.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Greensboro. To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Greensboro, click here to view.
Buying car insurance from Greensboro insurance agencies
Many drivers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Greensboro.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Greensboro that give free quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a local Greensboro insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent agents in Greensboro that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Craft Insurance
823 N Elm St – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 375-0600 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Haywood Insurance Agency Inc
2211 W Meadowview Rd Ste 110 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 855-1234 – View Map
- Triad Insurance Partners
905 McClellan Pl – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
These agents write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following are Greensboro exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Archie Herring – State Farm Insurance Agent
1175 Revolution Mill Dr Suite 12 – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-8434 – View Map
- State Farm: Ashley Collins
w ste b 27403, 1610 W Friendly Ave – Greensboro, NC 27403 – (336) 274-7900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: H. Kim
W, 5709 W Gate City Blvd #201 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 547-9330 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. A good agent in Greensboro will have answers to these questions.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
After you get good responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide car insurance coverage.
Best auto insurance in Greensboro
Ending up with a good quality auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in North Carolina. The information listed below may help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Jeep Patriot insurance in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, high prices or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is less work than it seems.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find lower priced Jeep Patriot insurance in Greensboro
Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Greensboro is to compare prices once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)