Would you like to buy more competitive Kia Sedona insurance in Greensboro? I can’t think of a single person who gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates will most likely switch companies because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on Kia Sedona insurance in Greensboro is the reason for your visit, understanding how to shop and compare insurance can help you be more efficient.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Kia Sedona insurance in Greensboro
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Kia Sedona insurance in Greensboro is to compare quotes annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for additional tips to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Greensboro. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can learn to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Greensboro can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners just have to learn the quickest way to get comparison rates online.
How Insurance Companies Determine Kia Sedona Insurance Costs
When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
Companies want multiple policies – Most insurance companies allow lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still find lower rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
No insurance claims equals better prices – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in North Carolina provide most affordable rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Extra policy coverages push up prices – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Your credit score is important – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Sedona by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise substantially. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims increase Kia Sedona yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Better premiums for uninterrupted coverage – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you fines and jail time.
Driver age impacts premiums – Young drivers in North Carolina are proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Loss probability for a Kia Sedona – Companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sedona vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Greensboro, NC. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in NC, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance analysis for a Kia Sedona
The information below highlights estimates of insurance costs for Kia Sedona models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are formulated helps drivers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact premium rates substantially.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Greensboro, insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Sedona, almost all lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your Kia but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Sedona insurance in Greensboro
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Sedona insurance in Greensboro.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to monitor driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Kia Sedona insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Car insurance companies who may offer these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To see insurers with the best discounts in Greensboro, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Greensboro.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Greensboro who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Greensboro that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are Greensboro exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Carolina?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Upon getting positive responses to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage. Just remember policyholders can terminate your policy at any point so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent for the full term.
North Carolina car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a highly-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in North Carolina. The ranking data listed below could help you choose which companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Shop smart and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Sedona insurance in Greensboro. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Greensboro auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Greensboro auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to finding affordable Kia Sedona insurance in Greensboro
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Kia Sedona insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Greensboro. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Sedona coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about insurance can be found by following these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)