Sad but true, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in North Carolina could save nearly $90 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
The recommended way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Greensboro is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in North Carolina. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more information to keep prices down and get additional discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Greensboro. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Immediately keep your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
The easiest way to get rate comparisons for Mercury Sable insurance in Greensboro utilizes the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as your job, how many miles driven, the type of vehicles you drive, and how much education you have. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to multiple insurance providers and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To find the cheapest Mercury Sable insurance rates, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you want cheap car insurance in Greensboro, NC, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get reduced rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Greensboro car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Sable can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will reduce your policy cost.
To see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in North Carolina, click here.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Greensboro that can give you free Greensboro car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Greensboro will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Greensboro?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Greensboro?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Greensboro can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Greensboro that can give you price quote information.
Barry Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 N O Henry Blvd Srv Rd b – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 294-3894 – View Map
Pam White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2608 Oakcrest Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-1111 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you should always contact several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent agencies in Greensboro willing to provide price quotes.