It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are very likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who compared rates once a year saved approximately $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your objective, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The most effective way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Greensboro.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for ideas to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Greensboro. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. This enables a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Greensboro is to know auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data like your general credit rating, any included safety features, what your job is, and if you have an active license. Your information is automatically sent to insurance companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Greensboro.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Greensboro, NC. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Greensboro with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- E-sign – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better car insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- Driving Data Discount – Greensboro drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
To choose providers with discount rates in Greensboro, click here.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How long has the business existed?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Upon getting good answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy. Keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy for any reason so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any particular company for the full policy term.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Greensboro
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Letting your insurance expire can be a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the North Carolina DMV.
The higher your credit rating the lower your premiums – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with bad credit. So if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Solstice by repairing your credit.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Fewer miles means better rates – The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac annually the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect rating for your Solstice is throwing money out the window.
Cheaper rates by bundling – Some companies apply a discount to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
Keep policy claims to a minimum – If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in North Carolina give the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Obey driving laws and save – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices than bad drivers. People who have dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Why you need insurance for your Solstice
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Greensboro, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in North Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, most banks will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Budget-conscious Pontiac Solstice insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agencies.
You just read many tips how you can find affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Greensboro Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)