If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Volvo V60 insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Greensboro.
- Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper V60 coverage is available in Greensboro. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Don’t forget to place your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Greensboro is your ultimate target, then understanding how to find companies and compare coverages can save time and money.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Greensboro can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have coverage now, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Nevertheless, North Carolina consumers do need to learn how insurance companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Volvo V60 Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Better premiums on cars with good safety ratings – Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Volvo V60 scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Marriage can lower rates – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Loss statistics for a Volvo V60 – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo V60 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volvo V60 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo V60 insurance in Greensboro?
Some providers do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Greensboro car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Greensboro Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because it shows financial diligence.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Greensboro car insurance quote as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, federal employee, air bags, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, multi-policy, multi-car, professional/association, and location of vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for good student, student driver, homeowners, teen driver, automatic seat belts, and early bird.
- Allstate discounts include teenSMART discount, eSmart discount, auto/life discount, early signing, farm vehicle, and safe driver.
If you want affordable Greensboro car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view providers that offer some of these discounts in Greensboro, follow this link.
One last thing about your coverage
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers or even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Discount Volvo V60 insurance in Greensboro can be purchased on the web in addition to many Greensboro insurance agents, so you need to quote Greensboro car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce Volvo V60 insurance premium rates online in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)