Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. North Carolina drivers could save themselves almost 10% a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Greensboro. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more information to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Greensboro insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you currently have insurance, you should be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Our objective is to tell you how insurance works and some money-saving tips. But North Carolina drivers must understand the way insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be inquired about before being credited. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Greensboro auto insurance depending on your company.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies early. This discount can save up to 10%.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some companies who may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area.
How to get free Dodge Durango insurance quotes online
When shopping for low cost Greensboro auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The best way to compare Dodge Durango insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison. Just remember that comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Dodge Durango to commute?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Greensboro auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Greensboro auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How long have they been in business?
What types of car insurance agents are in Greensboro?
If you are searching for a local Greensboro insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Greensboro are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Greensboro who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: H. Kim
W, 5709 W Gate City Blvd #201 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 547-9330 – View Map
- Jim Degraphenreid – State Farm Insurance Agent
4218 Hilltop Rd – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 854-1737 – View Map
- State Farm: Ashley Collins
w ste b 27403, 1610 W Friendly Ave – Greensboro, NC 27403 – (336) 274-7900 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Greensboro willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael Bare Agency
2828 Battleground Ave Ste C – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-5033 – View Map
- Reese Insurance
202 N. Van Buren Road Suite C, Eden, NC 27288 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 292-1963 – View Map
- Southeastern Agency Group Inc
1501 Highwoods Blvd # 301 – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 218-7470 – View Map
Upon receiving good responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can provide car insurance coverage.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce Dodge Durango insurance premium rates online in Greensboro. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Low-cost Dodge Durango insurance in Greensboro can be purchased both online and with local Greensboro insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When you buy Greensboro auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much are Greensboro Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Greensboro, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)