Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Greensboro, NC? Greensboro consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates on a Dodge and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Greensboro insurance agents.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Greensboro is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to find the lowest price from multiple carriers.
Cheaper rates by getting discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below compares Dodge Grand Caravan premium costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century has savings for automatic seat belts, homeowners, driver training, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, bundle, air bag, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some credits might not apply in Greensboro. To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Greensboro, follow this link.
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get prices online. Getting quotes for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Greensboro is quite easy as you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system gets your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote.
Getting online rate quotes for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Greensboro makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the lowest car insurance rates.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will get comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Greensboro, NC. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Greensboro, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Dodge Grand Caravan coverage analysis
The rate information displayed next covers a range of coverage costs for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$148||$222||$234||$14||$70||$688||$57|
|Grand Caravan SE||$148||$222||$234||$14||$70||$688||$57|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$148||$270||$234||$14||$70||$736||$61|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$168||$270||$234||$14||$70||$756||$63|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$168||$270||$234||$14||$70||$756||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Greensboro which can increase or decrease rates significantly.
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for insurance is which comprehensive and collision deductibles to buy. The following insurance rates can help you understand the price difference between high and low policy deductibles. The first data set uses a $250 deductible and the second data table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$192||$266||$250||$14||$74||$821||$68|
|Grand Caravan SE||$192||$266||$250||$14||$74||$821||$68|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$192||$324||$250||$14||$74||$879||$73|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$218||$324||$250||$14||$74||$905||$75|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$218||$324||$250||$14||$74||$905||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$156||$214||$250||$14||$74||$708||$59|
|Grand Caravan SE||$156||$214||$250||$14||$74||$708||$59|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$176||$262||$250||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$176||$262||$250||$14||$74||$776||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower coverage rates noticeably.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible would cost the average driver about $10 more each month or $120 every year averaged for all Grand Caravan models than buying the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $250 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go at least 25 months between claims, you would save money if you choose the higher deductible.
Calculate savings of higher deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$72|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $62|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$10|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $10|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||25 months|
One important caveat is that increasing deductibles to save money means you will have to cover more of the damage yourself at claim time. You must have enough money in the bank in the event you have to pay the higher deductible in order to repair your vehicle.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Greensboro
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can influence Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premiums for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates by gender in Greensboro
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a written rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Grand Caravan replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance prices – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are usually for economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below assumes a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Do you have enough liability protection? – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Stay claim-free and save – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Insurance companies in North Carolina generally give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Dodge Grand Caravan statistical loss data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the loss history for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Dodge Grand Caravan Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Grand Caravan 79 104 81 108 108 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Greensboro who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Greensboro
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Greensboro insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Greensboro can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are Greensboro exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Barry Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 N O Henry Blvd Srv Rd b – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 294-3894 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John F Davis
3800 S Holden Rd #101 – Greensboro, NC 27406 – (336) 299-9100 – View Map
- Jackie Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1611 New Garden Rd – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 299-7998 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Below are Greensboro independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Craft Insurance
823 N Elm St – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 375-0600 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Young Insurance Agency Inc
2100 W Cornwallis Dr, Ste O – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 288-8000 – View Map
- Reese Insurance
202 N. Van Buren Road Suite C, Eden, NC 27288 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 292-1963 – View Map
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Greensboro, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Dodge Grand Caravan but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What is the best car insurance company in Greensboro?
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality car insurance company is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in North Carolina. The company information in the lists below can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious Dodge Grand Caravan insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Greensboro auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to find affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Greensboro
The preferred way to quote cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Greensboro is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in North Carolina. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)