A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Most drivers in America can save about 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Greensboro is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in North Carolina. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Stratus coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Affordable companies for Dodge Stratus insurance in North Carolina
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Greensboro, NC. To buy cheap car insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Score discounts to get cheaper Greensboro auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- E-sign – A few larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, good driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, good student, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and student away at school.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in North Carolina?
- How much liability coverage do I need in North Carolina?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Buying auto insurance from Greensboro auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Greensboro should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When searching for a good Greensboro insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Greensboro who can help you get rate quotes.
If you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Which car insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Buying coverage from the best company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in North Carolina. The company ratings shown below may help you analyze which providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
You can lower your car insurance rates
You just read many ideas to compare Dodge Stratus insurance auto insurance rates in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Greensboro auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-conscious Dodge Stratus insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Greensboro insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)