Unbelievably, a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in North Carolina being $1,000, drivers can save 10% each year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Lincoln MKZ insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide auto insurance in Greensboro. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, read and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide Greensboro MKZ insurance quotes online, so you should also compare prices from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. To buy cheap auto insurance in NC, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Lincoln vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Greensboro, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your MKZ, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your Lincoln MKZ and your personal assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Lincoln gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in North Carolina is overpaying over $810 a year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lincoln MKZ insurance statistics and information
The rate information below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Lincoln MKZ models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance prices are figured can aid in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$432||$318||$18||$96||$1,050||$88|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$432||$318||$18||$96||$1,050||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact insurance rates greatly.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Lincoln MKZ insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKZ auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Lincoln MKZ replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Lincoln MKZ insurance discounts in Greensboro
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount available very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them early. You could save around 10% when you buy Greensboro auto insurance online.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can get better car insurance rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The example below compares Lincoln MKZ auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, teen driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
If you want the cheapest Lincoln MKZ rate quotes, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Greensboro. To find companies who offer online Lincoln MKZ insurance quotes in North Carolina, click this link.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Greensboro auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from the right insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Greensboro. The company rank data below may help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies