We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who get price quotes annually are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Greensboro is your target objective, then understanding the best way to compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable quotes for Volkswagen Beetle insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Greensboro. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic violations and your credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more details to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Greensboro. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is that you use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
How Your Beetle Insurance Prices are Determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost you more – Auto insurance companies in North Carolina provide cheaper rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Marriage is a good thing – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on auto insurance. It may mean you are less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Beetle by improving your rating. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Volkswagen. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Lower rates with continuous auto insurance coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Insurance loss data for a Volkswagen Beetle – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Rates and statistics
The rate table shown next highlights estimates of insurance prices for Volkswagen Beetle models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are established is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$124||$240||$218||$12||$66||$660||$55|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$160||$284||$170||$10||$50||$674||$56|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Insurance policy discounts for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Greensboro
Companies do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Greensboro auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Greensboro auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, and accident-free.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, driver’s education, good student, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, teen driver, good student, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, new car, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, and multi-car.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
The cheapest Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Greensboro is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Greensboro auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)