Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Ford Freestyle insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Greensboro.
First, try to understand policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Freestyle coverage is available in Greensboro. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Be sure to store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s astonishing, but nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save as much as $850 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
We hope to teach you a little about how to get online quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Nevertheless, North Carolina drivers must comprehend how big insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need insurance for your Ford Freestyle
Despite the high cost, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Freestyle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Ford Freestyle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Greensboro is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Ford Freestyle insurance in Greensboro
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- E-sign – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount should help reduce your overall premium however.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, homeowner, accident prevention training, and drive less.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, passive restraint, accident-free, multiple policy, and good driver.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, claim-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for theft prevention, 55 and older, early bird, driver training, and homeowners.
- Progressive has savings for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered everywhere.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Car insurance company ratings
Finding a highly-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Greensboro. The rank data in the next section may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family