It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for better prices are highly likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The best way we recommend to get low-cost Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Greensboro is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in North Carolina. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more information to get lower rates and get bigger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View companies
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An essential thing to point out is to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Buying affordable car insurance in Greensboro is not rocket science. Nevertheless, North Carolina vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Affordable rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including DriveSense, online quote, online shopper, Switch & Save, renters, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, multi-policy, newly married, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for company car, mature driver, paperless, safe driver, student away at school, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find low cost Greensboro auto insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply in your area. To find auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Greensboro, click this link.
Quote Greensboro Honda Accord Hybrid insurance online
Most companies allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting online rates for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Greensboro is pretty easy because you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their system collects your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to get the cheapest price on insurance.
To compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in North Carolina. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, NC, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Seven Things That Determine Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Honda Accord Hybrid scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many extra coverages you can purchase when buying car insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
What type of car do you drive? – The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates are for the lowest performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Companies want multiple policies – The majority of insurance companies give better rates to clients that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
High coverage deductibles lower rates – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean women are better drivers. Both genders have fender benders at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Honda Accord Hybrid claim probability – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Greensboro who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is the quote a firm price?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Greensboro can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Greensboro that can give you rate quotes.
Barry Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 N O Henry Blvd Srv Rd b – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 294-3894 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Greensboro that are able to give comparison quotes.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though Greensboro Accord Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Accord Hybrid, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Honda and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
You can find affordable coverage
When searching for the cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid rate quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-conscious Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Greensboro agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
We just showed you many ways to save on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Greensboro auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)