Perplexed by the crazy number of insurance sources in Greensboro? Many other drivers are as well. People have so many sources to choose from that it is a difficult situation to find a cheaper company. Greensboro is a great city to raise a family in, but the high cost of insurance can make it hard for many residents to buy full coverage.
How to find affordable quotes for Jeep Compass insurance in Greensboro
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Greensboro. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Greensboro. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Unbelievable but true, most insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in North Carolina could save roughly 10% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
You need to compare prices before your policy renews because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Jeep Compass insurance in Greensboro at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
How to buy Jeep Compass insurance online
When looking for affordable Jeep Compass insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from lots of North Carolina car insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest Jeep Compass insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give Greensboro Compass insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Greensboro, NC. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Greensboro, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Discount Greensboro insurance quotes
Some insurers do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Greensboro auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Sign Online – A handful of larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Greensboro could qualify you for a break when getting a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will positively reduce the premium cost.
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Compass annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, accident-free, good driver, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family discounts include good driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, early bird, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, federal employee, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, location of vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for switch companies, early shopping, homeowner, distant student, and business and professional.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state. To find insurance companies with the best Jeep Compass insurance discounts in Greensboro, click here.
Data for Jeep Compass insurance
The premium information displayed below outlines estimates of coverage prices for Jeep Compass models. Understanding more about how car insurance prices are established helps drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$164||$306||$302||$18||$90||$880||$73|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$188||$372||$302||$18||$90||$970||$81|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$188||$372||$302||$18||$90||$970||$81|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$188||$372||$302||$18||$90||$970||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower coverage rates significantly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Jeep Compass insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance agents near you
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Greensboro.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Greensboro agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Greensboro that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Pelnik Insurance
3828 Burlington Rd – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 621-5057 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Samuel M Richberg
3512 Wendover Ave E b – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 375-8600 – View Map
- ALLCHOICE Insurance
7 Corporate Center Ct – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 540-0463 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Chris Just
1420 Westover Terrace Ste D – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 854-7701 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brad Williams
4125 Walker Ave C – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 852-2627 – View Map
- Charlie Ganim – State Farm Insurance Agent
2008 New Garden Rd – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 282-9229 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Five Things That Determine Your Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your rates.
Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated Compass may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy shows how each vehicle is driven.
Men tend to take more risk – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Compass insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Avoid insurance policy lapses – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Single drivers take more risk – Getting married can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Loss probability for a Jeep Compass – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Jeep Compass vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Compass 4dr 2WD||87||135||58||128||124||142|
|Jeep Compass 4dr 4WD||76||114||63||99||107||106|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Compass and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Greensboro, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards your Jeep and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheaper rates are available
When shopping online for car insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Cheaper car insurance in Greensboro can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Greensboro agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to find affordable quotes for Jeep Compass insurance in Greensboro
If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Greensboro.
First, try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)