It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable Kia Borrego insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Greensboro. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who do rate comparisons will probably switch car insurance companies because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on insurance in Greensboro is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Quoting affordable auto insurance in Greensboro is not as difficult as people think. But North Carolina consumers need to learn the way companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them, too.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you want the cheapest car insurance in North Carolina, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Borrego is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Greensboro drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, passive restraint, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, air bags, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new move discount, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, safety features, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. To see insurance companies that offer discounts in Greensboro, click here.
Why you need insurance
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Borrego has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Kia Borrego and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
North Carolina auto insurance companies
Choosing the right insurance company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in North Carolina. The company ratings shown below can help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Kia Borrego?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Kia Borrego?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
Comparing quotes from local Greensboro insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
When looking for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they work. Greensboro agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Greensboro willing to provide price quotes.
- Steve Kent – State Farm Insurance Agent
3122 Battleground Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-5368 – View Map
- Pam White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2608 Oakcrest Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-1111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Chris Just
1420 Westover Terrace Ste D – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 854-7701 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to compare prices from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Below are Greensboro independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Barnett-Smith Insurance
218 N Eugene St – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 272-4554 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Young Insurance Agency Inc
2100 W Cornwallis Dr, Ste O – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 288-8000 – View Map
- Latorre Insurance
4131 Spring Garden St – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 609-7027 – View Map