It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around for better prices are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates annually saved on average $860 a year compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your target objective, knowing the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers that insure vehicles in Greensboro. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single speeding ticket can increase rates substantially. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. People who have multiple citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages you don’t use – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Kia every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your K900 can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
- Your age impacts your costs – Young drivers in North Carolina are proven to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a young driver to your car insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have fender benders at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Score discounts on Greensboro insurance
Companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Greensboro car insurance online.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current K900 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable companies to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer models are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, early shopping, multi-car, distant student, youthful driver, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including safety device, multi-car, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate may have discounts that include good payer, eSmart discount, senior citizen, premier discount, and anti-theft.
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered in Greensboro. To see providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Greensboro, follow this link.
Discount Kia K900 insurance in Greensboro is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Greensboro, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)