Are you sick of overpaying and want more affordable auto insurance rates in Greensboro, NC? Greensboro shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Kia Soul EV insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates on a Kia and get the cheapest rates from Greensboro insurance agents and online providers.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding low prices for insurance in Greensboro is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without sacrificing coverage. This information will tell you how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process Smart buyers just need to learn the quickest way to buy insurance using one simple form.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Kia Soul EV Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Stay claim-free and reduce premiums – Car insurance companies in North Carolina generally give lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Good credit scores equal low rates – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Soul EV by improving your credit score.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut prices – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- More traffic equals higher costs – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Single drivers take more risk – Being married may save some money on car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Consider raising physical damage deductibles – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
All major insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes on their websites. The process is very simple as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system obtains your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on many factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Greensboro simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find a better rate.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need car insurance
Even though Greensboro Soul EV insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Soul EV has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Kia Soul EV but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can reduce Kia Soul EV insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Soul EV insurance premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on your computer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good student, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for defensive driving, family plan, business or organization, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, automatic seat belts, driver training, teen driver, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your state.
Local Greensboro insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Greensboro.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Greensboro who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
What type of Greensboro car insurance agent is right for you?
When researching a local agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Greensboro are considered either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are Greensboro independent insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Latorre Insurance
4131 Spring Garden St – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 609-7027 – View Map
- Ratterree Insurance Agency
5206 W Market St – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 369-0508 – View Map
- Pelnik Insurance
3828 Burlington Rd – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 621-5057 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Greensboro willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Judy T. Slade
1320 Lees Chapel Rd g – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 375-5920 – View Map
- Jim Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1308 Wendover Ave E – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 379-1040 – View Map
- Barry Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 N O Henry Blvd Srv Rd b – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 294-3894 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Greensboro should have no problem answering these questions:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How are claims handled?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting your policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheap coverage is out there
Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Greensboro can be sourced on the web and with local Greensboro insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Kia Soul EV insurance prices in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kia Soul EV insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find discount Kia Soul EV insurance in Greensboro
The most effective way to get affordable car insurance rates in Greensboro is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in North Carolina. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and maximum price selection.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)