It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who compare other prices are inclined to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Greensboro is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in North Carolina.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. When you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Cheap companies for Lexus LC 500 insurance in North Carolina
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Greensboro, NC. In order to find cheap car insurance in Greensboro, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Check for these rate reducing discounts
Some providers don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Greensboro auto insurance online.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, early bird, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, business or organization, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, student driver, early bird, teen driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for switch companies, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- Allstate has discounts for new car, senior citizen, auto/life discount, resident student, good payer, and anti-lock brakes.
When quoting, ask every company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be offered in Greensboro.
Insurance quotes from local Greensboro insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Greensboro.
By using this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Greensboro that provide free Greensboro auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When searching for local Greensboro agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Greensboro can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Greensboro who may provide comparison quotes.
- Triad Insurance Partners
905 McClellan Pl – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Jim Costas Agency
5505 Adams Farm Ln – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 292-9992 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: O Hanlon Insurance and Financial Services
5411D W Friendly Ave d – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 288-1208 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm: Eddie Collins
5709 W Market St – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 854-1044 – View Map
- Zach Crutchfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
3608 W Friendly Ave #207 – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 547-0316 – View Map
- Charlie Ganim – State Farm Insurance Agent
2008 New Garden Rd – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 282-9229 – View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Greensboro?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Once you have reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as the cheapest Lexus LC 500 insurance in Greensboro quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that can properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you can always cancel coverage for any reason so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency with no way to switch.
Which auto insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Finding a good quality insurer is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in North Carolina. The company information shown next can help you choose which insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Be persistent and save
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Discount Lexus LC 500 insurance in Greensboro is attainable both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to reduce Lexus LC 500 insurance prices online in Greensboro. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)