It’s amazing but the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Greensboro can save 10% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to do a rate comparison.
The preferred way to get the cheapest Lincoln MKC insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Greensboro.
- Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates like traffic citations and poor credit can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides ideas to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to save money using these tips. Shopping around for affordable protection in Greensboro is not as hard as you think. Nevertheless, North Carolina car owners need to have an understanding of how companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
Low Cost car insurance in Greensboro, NC
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If you want cheaper car insurance in Greensboro, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Lower rate quotes on Lincoln MKC insurance in Greensboro with these discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Greensboro and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current MKC insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a slight reduction on a Greensboro car insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap MKC insurance.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, federal employee, anti-theft, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for accident-free, multi-car, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, professional/association, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, distant student, bundle discounts, early shopping, switch companies, good student, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
If you need affordable Lincoln MKC insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in Greensboro. To locate companies with the best discounts in Greensboro, click here.
When to contact an agent
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Greensboro.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Greensboro who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Greensboro who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Pelnik Insurance
3828 Burlington Rd – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 621-5057 – View Map
- Ratterree Insurance Agency
5206 W Market St – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 369-0508 – View Map
- Williford Insurance Group Inc
2201 W Cone Blvd – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 288-1956 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Greensboro that can give you price quote information.
- Jim Goard – State Farm Insurance Agent
407 Parkway Ave c – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 274-1918 – View Map
- Pam White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2608 Oakcrest Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-1111 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4401 W Wendover Ave #103 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 852-7283 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Greensboro?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Affordable coverage is out there
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Lincoln MKC insurance in Greensboro. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Some car insurance companies may not have online quoting and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Lincoln MKC insurance in Greensboro can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Greensboro, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)