Would you like to buy the cheapest Mazda 2 insurance in Greensboro? Are you tired of being strong-armed to pay insurance each month? You are in the same boat as millions of other vehicle owners.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,000, Greensboro drivers can save 10% each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
Steps to saving money on Mazda 2 insurance in Greensboro
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Mazda 2 insurance in Greensboro is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in North Carolina.
- First, learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and poor credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more details to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper 2 coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to look at every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Many insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on Mazda 2 insurance in Greensboro.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest rate on Mazda 2 insurance in Greensboro a year ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you want cheap car insurance in Greensboro, NC, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Mazda vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Greensboro, buying auto insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Greensboro car insurance but check with your company.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Greensboro car insurance quote.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on 2 insurance in Greensboro.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can get lower premium rates.
- Resident Student – College-age children living away from Greensboro attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current 2 insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new 2 can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your insurance premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts for anti-theft, family plan, accident-free, business or organization, good student, and easy pay.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, federal employee, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, good driver, good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, driver training, air bags, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, and bundle.
If you want cheaper Greensboro car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in Greensboro. To locate insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Greensboro, follow this link.
Auto insurance can be complex
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.