Vehicle owners who are new to the process of comparing insurance coverage rates online can find purchasing the cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance in Greensboro can be quite challenging.
How to find better rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Greensboro
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Pontiac GTO insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Greensboro. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for tips to prevent high prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Find a Greensboro insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper GTO coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Shocking but true, over 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in North Carolina being $976, drivers could save an average of as much as 10% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes online.
You need to compare prices as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best price on Pontiac GTO insurance in Greensboro on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it’s time to teach you how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Locating more affordable policy in Greensboro is not as difficult as people think. Nevertheless, North Carolina drivers must comprehend the way insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Greensboro is to understand most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as whether you are single or married, level of coverage desired, if the vehicle is leased, and the make and model of your vehicles. The data is then submitted to many different companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your Pontiac GTO now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Greensboro, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in North Carolina
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Pontiac GTO, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Pontiac GTO. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Greensboro insurance discounts for a Pontiac GTO
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Greensboro auto insurance but check with your company.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Greensboro and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in North Carolina, click here to view.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Greensboro who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Listed below are agents in Greensboro that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Greensboro.
- Barnett-Smith Insurance
218 N Eugene St – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 272-4554 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Samuel M Richberg
3512 Wendover Ave E b – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 375-8600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brad Williams
4125 Walker Ave C – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 852-2627 – View Map
- Adam Lemmert – State Farm Insurance Agent
3711 Elmsley St #106 – Greensboro, NC 27406 – (336) 482-2200 – View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many North Carolina drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, attorney fees, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. North Carolina requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your GTO from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your GTO to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for hospital visits, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Compare rates regularly to save
We covered many tips how you can compare Pontiac GTO insurance premium rates in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Greensboro can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Greensboro auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
How to find more affordable Pontiac GTO insurance in Greensboro
The easiest way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Greensboro. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn a little about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and a poor credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much is Greensboro Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)