Are you researching cheaper insurance rates in Greensboro, NC? Greensboro buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Saab 9-3 insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Saab and obtain the best price possible.
This article’s intent is to help educate you on how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you have coverage now, you should be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Smart shoppers just need to use the most effective way to compare rate quotes over the internet.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Saab 9-3 insurance in Greensboro is to realize car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data like your education level, if the car is leased, if your license is active, and whether you have decent credit. That rating data gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To check rates for your Saab 9-3 now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Greensboro.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Greensboro, NC. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Saab 9-3
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saab 9-3 in Greensboro, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Saab, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saab at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Saab 9-3 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Saab as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to save money.
Saab 9-3 insurance analysis
The premium information shown below highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Saab 9-3 models. Knowing how insurance quotes are determined can benefit drivers when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$318||$198||$12||$60||$756||$63|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$168||$318||$198||$12||$60||$756||$63|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$318||$198||$12||$60||$756||$63|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$366||$198||$12||$60||$822||$69|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$186||$366||$234||$14||$70||$870||$73|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$186||$366||$198||$12||$60||$822||$69|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$186||$366||$198||$12||$60||$822||$69|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$366||$198||$12||$60||$822||$69|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$206||$414||$234||$14||$70||$938||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can change insurance rates significantly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims impact Saab 9-3 insurance prices for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Saab 9-3 liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below compares Saab 9-3 insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set guideline to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Saab 9-3 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Take advantage of these discounts
Companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Greensboro car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Greensboro car insurance quote.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get better insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below shows the difference between Saab 9-3 premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of companies who offer discounts in Greensboro, click here.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Greensboro insurance agencies?
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Greensboro.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Greensboro who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents in Greensboro
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can handle insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below are Greensboro independent insurance agents who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Hix Insurance Center
924 E Bessemer Ave – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 272-7168 – View Map
- Barnett-Smith Insurance
218 N Eugene St – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 272-4554 – View Map
- Piedmont Triad Insurance, Inc.
7 Battleground Ct Ste. 224 – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-5555 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Greensboro exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Brad Williams
4125 Walker Ave C – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 852-2627 – View Map
- Barry Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 N O Henry Blvd Srv Rd b – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 294-3894 – View Map
- Archie Herring – State Farm Insurance Agent
1175 Revolution Mill Dr Suite 12 – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-8434 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Greensboro should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
You can find cheap coverage
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Greensboro is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Greensboro, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Saab 9-3 insurance prices online in Greensboro. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Greensboro car insurance, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Saab 9-3 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Saab 9-3 insurance in Greensboro
The recommended way to get affordable car insurance rates in Greensboro is to compare prices annually from providers who sell insurance in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to comprehend auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and bad credit can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze all possible companies. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)