Sadly, most insurance buyers in North Carolina kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save as much as 47% a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
Really, the only way to get budget Saturn L300 insurance in Greensboro is to compare prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in North Carolina.
- Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for ideas to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper L300 coverage is available in Greensboro. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Our goal is to introduce you to the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some tricks to saving. But North Carolina vehicle owners do need to learn how companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
How to get free Saturn L300 insurance quotes online
When shopping for affordable Greensboro auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from many different North Carolina insurance companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Greensboro L300 insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Greensboro, NC. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Saturn L300
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saturn L300 in Greensboro, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You may qualify for discounts for Saturn L300 insurance in Greensboro
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Greensboro auto insurance online.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can get lower premium rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, good student, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly retired, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, new graduate, good student, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, company car, air bags, multi-policy, safe vehicle, teen driver, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, seat belt use, membership and employees, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Greensboro. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Greensboro, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would rather have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Greensboro who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they full-time agents?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Greensboro?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Greensboro are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents can only write with one company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Greensboro who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John F Davis
3800 S Holden Rd #101 – Greensboro, NC 27406 – (336) 299-9100 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Judy T. Slade
1320 Lees Chapel Rd g – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 375-5920 – View Map
- Jim Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1308 Wendover Ave E – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 379-1040 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Greensboro willing to provide rate quotes.
- Fleszar Insurance Agency
218 S Swing Rd #1 – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 553-2780 – View Map
- Senn Dunn Insurance
3625 N Elm St – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 272-7161 – View Map
- Williford Insurance Group Inc
2201 W Cone Blvd – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 288-1956 – View Map
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Shop smart and save
Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Discount Saturn L300 insurance is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
People leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just showed you some good ideas how to compare Saturn L300 insurance car insurance rates in Greensboro. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Greensboro auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Saturn L300 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional insurance information is located below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)