Unfortunately, most auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Greensboro could save 10% a year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates and save money.
Truthfully, the best way to save on Hummer H2 SUT insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Greensboro. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
If you have a policy now, you will be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Getting quotes for the best-priced coverage in Greensboro is not as time-consuming as you think. But North Carolina consumers need to learn the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Greensboro
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Greensboro car insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your overall bill.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, early quote, good student, and home ownership.
- 21st Century has discounts for homeowners, early bird, student driver, 55 and older, teen driver, and air bags.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, good student, federal employee, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, drive less, homeowner, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state.
It’s important to know that more quotes helps locate the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in North Carolina. To find the best car insurance in Greensboro, NC, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
It’s not one size fits all
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Comparing quotes from local Greensboro insurance agencies
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Greensboro who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Greensboro should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
If you want a good Greensboro insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they work. Greensboro agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Chris Just
1420 Westover Terrace Ste D – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 854-7701 – View Map
- Adam Lemmert – State Farm Insurance Agent
3711 Elmsley St #106 – Greensboro, NC 27406 – (336) 482-2200 – View Map
- Drew Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
608 Pisgah Church Rd – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 288-8802 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
The following are Greensboro independent agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Protective Agency
1211 E Bessemer Ave – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-1211 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Multiple Line Ins Agency Inc
1919 Boulevard St d – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 299-8877 – View Map
- Fleszar Insurance Agency
218 S Swing Rd #1 – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 553-2780 – View Map
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are entitled to terminate coverage at any time so never assume that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy with no way out.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your H2 SUT has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hummer for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Hummer as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Hummer H2 SUT
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many North Carolina drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays for damage to your H2 SUT caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your H2 SUT to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. North Carolina state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, funeral costs and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, hitting a deer, hail damage and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Cheap car insurance prices are available
When searching for low cost Greensboro car insurance quotes, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just showed you many ways to save on Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Hummer H2 SUT insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)