Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Greensboro? No car owner likes having to buy car insurance, especially when they know the cost is way too high.
Sad but true, almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Greensboro drivers could save themselves almost $94 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy. Due to the fact that there are so many choices for buying cheaper insurance for a Cadillac ATS in Greensboro, it is hard for the average consumer to find the most cost effective car insurance provider.
It’s a good idea to check car insurance prices occasionally since insurance prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best deal on Cadillac ATS insurance in Greensboro a few years ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. You’ll find a ton of advice on ATS insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Greensboro.
This information will teach you a little about the best ways to compare prices and how to save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using these tips. You just need to know the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
First Step: Get free Cadillac ATS insurance quotes
Most companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance in Greensboro is very simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. When the form is submitted, the system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on these factors. The ability to get online quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance in Greensboro makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Greensboro, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper rates on Cadillac ATS insurance in Greensboro with these insurance discounts
Some insurers do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Accidents – Greensboro drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may receive lower premium rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper ATS insurance.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
A few companies who might offer these benefits include:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply in Greensboro. For a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Cadillac ATS insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here to view.
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings.
- Youthful driver insurance costs – Young drivers in North Carolina are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver to your auto insurance policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Most larger companies will award a discount to customers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- How much liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – An insured’s credit history can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Cadillac ATS if you improve your credit rating. People with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have worse credit.
- Do females or males drive better? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both get in accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies in North Carolina award most affordable rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Claims statistics for a Cadillac ATS – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years