If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Greensboro is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in North Carolina.
- Gain an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s amazing but 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,000, North Carolina drivers could save themselves $90 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Lincoln MKX insurance in Greensboro is to know the fact car insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including whether you drive to work or school, an estimate of your credit level, whether you are married, and deductibles desired. That rating data gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To find lower lower-cost Lincoln MKX insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in North Carolina. To buy cheap car insurance in Greensboro, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The table shown next covers estimates of insurance rates for Lincoln MKX models. Having insight into how insurance prices are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can affect prices considerably.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKX car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKX book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance agents near you
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Greensboro.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that provide free Greensboro car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Greensboro that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Samuel M Richberg
3512 Wendover Ave E b – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 375-8600 – View Map
- Jim Costas Agency
5505 Adams Farm Ln – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 292-9992 – View Map
- Fleszar Insurance Agency
218 S Swing Rd #1 – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 553-2780 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Greensboro that can give you price quotes.
- Keith Kepler – State Farm Insurance Agent
1603 Westover Terrace a – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 294-4341 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Patterson
3817 Lawndale Dr, Ste B2 – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 545-4596 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Judy T. Slade
1320 Lees Chapel Rd g – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 375-5920 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?