A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in North Carolina could pocket 10% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The most effective way to get affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Greensboro is to compare quotes annually from providers in North Carolina.
- Get an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Greensboro is really quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. But North Carolina vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies compete online.
When looking for the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from different companies. The simplest method to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more prices helps you find a lower rate. Not every company does online Greensboro Cruze insurance quotes, so you should also compare rates from them, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheaper rates on Chevy Cruze insurance in Greensboro with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies will give a small break simply for signing on the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Greensboro could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, Switch & Save, and DriveSense.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, safety features, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for safe driver, group or association, teen driver, student away at school, and mature driver.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, air bags, good student, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Greensboro, click here to view.
North Carolina car insurance company ratings
Selecting a highly-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Greensboro. The rank data below may help you select which auto insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Informed Consumers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Where you reside is a factor – Having an address in areas with lower population is a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurance companies give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Better prices with anti-theft devices – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
- Premiums go up with performance – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Age of drivers – Teenage drivers in North Carolina have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you.
Chevy Cruze historical loss data – Insurance companies use data from past claims when setting premium rates. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years