Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for low-cost Dodge Magnum insurance in Greensboro? Have you finally had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay auto insurance each month? You have the same problem as the majority of other consumers in North Carolina.
It's an obvious statement that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. People who shop for lower rates will most likely switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved $850 each year compared to people who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to find and compare insurance rates can save money and time. Because you have many options for buying cheap insurance for a Dodge Magnum in Greensboro, it can be hard to find the right auto insurance company.
You should make it a habit to compare rates once or twice a year since insurance rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Dodge Magnum insurance in Greensboro a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
This article's intent is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Shoppers just need to know the least time-consuming way to buy auto insurance online.
Many insurance companies allow you to get pricing directly from their websites. The process is fairly simple because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information. Using the web to get rate quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Greensboro streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the cheapest price.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies offer free quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Greensboro, NC, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Greensboro car insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Magnum can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Dodge could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
Companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, theft prevention, defensive driver, teen driver, and homeowners.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and good student.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
When comparing rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Greensboro. To see providers that offer many of these discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
How Insurance Providers Determine Dodge Magnum Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Single drivers take more risk - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on insurance. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- High comp and collision deductibles cost less - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Lower rates for safer vehicles - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Magnum has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Keep policy claims to a minimum - Companies in North Carolina provide discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Traffic violations cost more than a fine - A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single chargeable violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have flagrant tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- A coverage lapse is a bad thing - Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.