Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who compare rates annually will probably move their business because they have a good chance of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best way to compare car insurance can help simplify the process.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Greensboro is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides information to prevent high prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Quoting and comparing rates for the most affordable insurance coverage in Greensboro is not as confusing as people think. In essence, each driver who compares rate quotes for insurance most likely will get better rates. But North Carolina vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies set your policy premium.
Companies offering Dodge Ram insurance in Greensboro
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Greensboro, NC. To find the best auto insurance in Greensboro, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The price information displayed next showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$150||$242||$366||$22||$110||$890||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$170||$296||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$170||$296||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$170||$296||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$170||$296||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$170||$296||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$170||$296||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$170||$296||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$170||$296||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$188||$348||$366||$22||$110||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$188||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,086||$91|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$188||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,086||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower prices greatly.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Dodge Ram insurance rates for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can influence Dodge Ram insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below compares Dodge Ram car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set guideline to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Discount Greensboro insurance quotes
Insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you cheap Ram insurance.
- Resident Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Greensboro and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Ram insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your policy cost.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, passive restraint, anti-theft, good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, air bags, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, homeowner, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, distant student, mature driver, pay in full, and business and professional.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
- USAA offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, driver training, new vehicle, vehicle storage, and military installation.
If you need affordable Dodge Ram insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To locate providers who offer insurance discounts in Greensboro, click here to view.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Should I buy only the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local Greensboro insurance agencies and car insurance
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Greensboro.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Greensboro who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Greensboro
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Greensboro are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are independent agents in Greensboro who can help you get competitive price quotes.
Fleszar Insurance Agency
218 S Swing Rd #1 – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 553-2780 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Greensboro exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Greensboro?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Carolina?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
How to find a good Greensboro car insurance company
Picking the highest-rated auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in North Carolina. The company ratings listed below may help you decide which insurers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
You can find affordable coverage
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Greensboro is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Greensboro auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is located by following these links:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)