The most effective way to find affordable Chevy Blazer insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies in Greensboro.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price like speeding and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Blazer coverage is available in Greensboro. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in North Carolina being $1,000, drivers can cut their rates by 10% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Most companies such as Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get prices directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Chevy Blazer insurance in Greensboro is pretty painless as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. Once entered, the quote system requests your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on these and other factors. Using the web to get rates for Chevy Blazer insurance in Greensboro makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to do this in order to find the cheapest price.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter your coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in North Carolina. To buy cheap car insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Chevy Blazer insurance in Greensboro
Some companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Greensboro auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to spy on their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Greensboro auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Greensboro. To find insurers who offer free Chevy Blazer insurance quotes in North Carolina, follow this link.
Local agents and insurance
Many drivers would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Greensboro who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
When looking for a local Greensboro insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Greensboro agents can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro willing to provide rate quotes.
Jim Degraphenreid – State Farm Insurance Agent
4218 Hilltop Rd – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 854-1737 – View Map
Pam White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2608 Oakcrest Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-1111 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Greensboro independent insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Fleszar Insurance Agency
218 S Swing Rd #1 – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 553-2780 – View Map
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chevy Blazer.
Since many North Carolina drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Blazer caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Blazer to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto insurance – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, falling objects, rock chips in glass and theft. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper auto insurance in Greensboro is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Greensboro agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented many ways to compare Chevy Blazer insurance car insurance rates in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)