Want to know how to find the cheapest Land Rover LR3 insurance in Greensboro? Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other North Carolina consumers.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that about 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in North Carolina could save nearly $94 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rates online.
Big companies like Allstate and Progressive all claim big savings with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s important to know that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide online Greensboro LR3 insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Greensboro, NC. To locate the best car insurance in NC, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a safe driver class could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance on a new LR3 can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when getting a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- Allstate offers discounts including FullPay discount, passive restraint, farm vehicle, utility vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driving, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, and good student.
Check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Greensboro, click here.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Land Rover, most lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Land Rover at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Land Rover as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in North Carolina overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Greensboro?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local neighborhood Greensboro car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Greensboro who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. A good agent in Greensboro will have answers to these questions.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How long has their agency been in business in Greensboro?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Greensboro are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Greensboro willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent agencies in Greensboro who can help you get price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Multiple Line Ins Agency Inc
1919 Boulevard St d – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 299-8877 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Jenkins Insurance Agency Inc
3907 W Market St a – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 854-7900 – View Map