Have you had enough of being strong-armed to insure your Chevy every month? You’re in the same situation as many other North Carolina drivers.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around at least once a year are very likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Greensboro is the reason you’re here, then learning about the best ways to shop for insurance can help make the process easier.
Consumers have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
You need to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Chevy Spark insurance in Greensboro on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Best Chevy Spark insurance price quotes in North Carolina
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. To find the best car insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Always keep your coverage in force – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in fines or a revoked license.
Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in North Carolina award the lowest premiums to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Urban areas may pay more – Residing in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. City drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident.
Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your car from being stolen.
Poor credit rating equals high rates – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Certain jobs pay higher premiums – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like fire fighters, social workers, and financial analysts have higher rates than average because of job stress and long work days. On the flip side, careers like professors, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
Defend yourself with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Car insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Switch Discount – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Spark insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of companies that offer discounts in Greensboro, click here to view.
Local Greensboro auto insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Greensboro.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a local Greensboro insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Greensboro can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Greensboro that can give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Greensboro that are able to give price quotes.
Archie Herring – State Farm Insurance Agent
1175 Revolution Mill Dr Suite 12 – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-8434 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is there a local claims center in Greensboro?
Auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a high-quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in North Carolina. The company information in the next section can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Quote more and you will save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper Chevy Spark insurance in Greensboro can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Greensboro auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to buying discount Chevy Spark insurance in Greensboro
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Greensboro.
- First, try to learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One piece of advice is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Honda Accord in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)