The best way we recommend to get discount auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Greensboro.
Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Equinox coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s amazing but a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Drivers in Greensboro can cut their rates by $100 a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger companies give a discount to people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Choose high crash test ratings and save – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Chevy scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Rates go up with performance – The performance of the car you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are usually for smaller low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below is based on a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet Equinox car insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
Discounts for married drivers – Having a spouse may save some money when buying auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Your vocation can affect rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and dentists generally pay the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Coverage lapses lead to higher rates – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent car theft.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Equinox – Companies factor in insurance loss information as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Equinox vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD||82||86||74||101||104||93|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD||84||88||85||89||93||81|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to get rate comparisons for Chevy Equinox insurance in Greensboro takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is give them rating details such as whether the vehicles are used for commuting, an estimate of your credit level, if you went to college, and if you lease or own. That rating information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in NC, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The price information shown next showcases a range of insurance rates for Chevy Equinox models. Learning a little about how insurance rates are figured can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$176||$298||$256||$16||$76||$822||$69|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$176||$298||$256||$16||$76||$822||$69|
|Equinox LS AWD||$176||$298||$256||$16||$76||$822||$69|
|Equinox LT AWD||$176||$298||$256||$16||$76||$822||$69|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$198||$352||$256||$16||$76||$898||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Chevy Equinox annual premium costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The information below shows the difference between Chevy Equinox insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Equinox car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Equinox replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Equinox in Greensboro, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Equinox has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower-cost Greensboro insurance rates with discounts
Some providers do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Greensboro car insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Organization Discounts – Joining certain professional organizations could trigger savings on insurance.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy can earn cheaper rates.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Equinox yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, mature driver, pay in full, switch companies, distant student, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, safety device, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, good student, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may include discounts for 55 and retired, passive restraint, premier plus, anti-lock brakes, good student, defensive driver, and utility vehicle.
Check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not be available in Greensboro. To view insurance companies that offer discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Greensboro that can give you free Greensboro car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a provider should depend on more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agent properly licensed in North Carolina?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Greensboro?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Greensboro can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Greensboro that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always compare quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Greensboro that are able to give price quote information.
What is the best car insurance company in Greensboro?
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Greensboro. The ranking data displayed below could help you pick which car insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
Lower rates by being persistent
Cost effective Chevy Equinox insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Greensboro, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)