It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Greensboro is to compare quotes annually from companies in North Carolina. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important note is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s shocking but most insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Greensboro can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Chevy SS insurance in Greensboro
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Greensboro could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premium.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, student driver, air bags, teen driver, 55 and older, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, passive restraint, good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for safety features, newly married, good student, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Greensboro. For a list of providers who offer insurance discounts in North Carolina, click here.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy SS insurance in Greensboro is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to quote your coverage. All you need to do is give them some information including deductibles desired, if you lease or own, daily mileage, and your credit rating estimate. That information is sent automatically to insurance companies and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your Chevy SS now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Greensboro, NC. To get cheaper car insurance in NC, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Coverages for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- How much liability coverage – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Poor driving means higher rates – Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Getting just one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims. Drivers who live in large North Carolina cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Insurance losses for a Chevy SS – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the loss history for Chevy SS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
When do I need to get advice from an insurance agent?
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Greensboro.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Greensboro insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agents in Greensboro who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Hix Insurance Center
924 E Bessemer Ave – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 272-7168 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Young Insurance Agency Inc
2100 W Cornwallis Dr, Ste O – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 288-8000 – View Map
- Triad Insurance Partners
905 McClellan Pl – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Greensboro who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm: Ashley Collins
w ste b 27403, 1610 W Friendly Ave – Greensboro, NC 27403 – (336) 274-7900 – View Map
- Pam White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2608 Oakcrest Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-1111 – View Map
- Archie Herring – State Farm Insurance Agent
1175 Revolution Mill Dr Suite 12 – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-8434 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Choosing SS insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your SS definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
Some companies may not have online quoting and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. Cheaper insurance in Greensboro is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce Chevy SS insurance rates online in Greensboro. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for inexpensive Greensboro car insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)