It’s shocking but the vast majority of car insurance customers in North Carolina have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States can save $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switched.
The recommended way to find more affordable Volkswagen Eos insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Greensboro.
- Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, put the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Eos in Greensboro, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Volkswagen Eos and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $855 a year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Volkswagen Eos coverage analysis
The price information shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Volkswagen Eos models. Being able to understand how car insurance prices are figured can be useful when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$138||$262||$240||$14||$72||$726||$61|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$138||$262||$240||$14||$72||$726||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in your specific Greensboro location which can increase or decrease price quotes noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders impact Volkswagen Eos auto insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Volkswagen Eos car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact formula to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Eos claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Cheaper Greensboro auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Professional Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Greensboro car insurance quote.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below shows the difference between Volkswagen Eos auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Greensboro. For a list of insurance companies who offer free Volkswagen Eos insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Greensboro?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.