It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Kia Niro insurance is your goal, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Greensboro.
- Get an understanding of car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to get better rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Greensboro can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. But North Carolina car owners should learn how insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Buy Greensboro Kia Niro insurance online
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Eight discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Greensboro auto insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Niro insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Greensboro auto insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, driver training, military active duty, air bags, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for annual mileage, location of vehicle, good driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and age of vehicle.
- 21st Century discounts include theft prevention, early bird, driver training, homeowners, and student driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for passive restraint, auto/life discount, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, 55 and retired, and teenSMART discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Greensboro. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Greensboro, click here to view.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Greensboro that give free quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Carolina?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
When researching a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Greensboro willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jim Goard – State Farm Insurance Agent
407 Parkway Ave c – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 274-1918 – View Map
- Jim Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1308 Wendover Ave E – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 379-1040 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: H. Kim
W, 5709 W Gate City Blvd #201 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 547-9330 – View Map
These agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below are Greensboro independent insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Joe Fowler
408 Wendover Ave E – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 299-7447 – View Map
- Senn Dunn Insurance
3625 N Elm St – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 272-7161 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jenkins Insurance Agency Inc
3907 W Market St a – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 854-7900 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Kia Niro.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from flooding, a broken windshield, theft, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Niro caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Niro to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. North Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
When getting Greensboro auto insurance quotes online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you many ideas to compare Kia Niro insurance premium rates in Greensboro. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much is Greensboro Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for State Employees in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)