Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of insureds in North Carolina kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by up to $850 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way we recommend to get affordable Kia Rio insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Greensboro.
- First, read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Greensboro. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
We hope to teach you how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. If you have a current insurance policy, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using the concepts covered in this article. Smart buyers just have to understand the quickest way to buy insurance instantly.
Low Cost companies for Kia Rio insurance in North Carolina
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Greensboro, NC. To find the best auto insurance in Greensboro, NC, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The coverage information displayed below highlights different rate quotes for Kia Rio models. Having a better understanding of how prices are established is important for drivers to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below compares Kia Rio auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Kia Rio book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Kia Rio Insurance Rates Can Be Lower
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Too many insurance claims drive up prices – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in North Carolina generally give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers prices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your car from being stolen.
- A good credit rating can save money – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Rio if you improve your credit rating.
- What are your physical damage deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, flood damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance of the car you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Kia Rio car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
Gender and car insurance – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The example below shows the comparison of Kia Rio car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Rio – Insurers use statistical claims data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Kia Rio vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Kia Rio Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Rio 90 109 81 141 158 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with these premium slashing discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below shows the comparison of Kia Rio auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, air bags, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, good student, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Travelers offers discounts including new car, home ownership, early quote, driver training, and payment discounts.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, federal employee, air bags, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in your area.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Greensboro.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Greensboro will have answers to these questions.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- When do they do a full risk review?
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for Kia Rio insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Greensboro auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Kia Rio rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina can be found on the following sites:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Greensboro Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Immigrants in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)