If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Greensboro is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for information to get better rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely shopped around saved $865 a year compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Greensboro is why you’re reading this, knowing how to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Greensboro is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Drivers just have to understand the best way to shop on the web.
Cheaper Greensboro car insurance quotes with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premiums.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, new graduate, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and newly married.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paperless, multi-policy, good student, air bags, safe driver, paid in full, and group or association.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-theft, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, drive less, and teen safe driver.
Double check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Greensboro. If you would like to view providers who offer car insurance discounts in Greensboro, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Kia Sorento insurance in Greensboro is to know most insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as if you are currently licensed, if you went to college, whether you are married, and which vehicles you own. That rating information is instantly submitted to insurance companies and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Don’t I need to talk to a local insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Greensboro.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Greensboro that can give you free Greensboro auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When researching a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Greensboro can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Greensboro that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Jenkins Insurance Agency Inc
3907 W Market St a – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 854-7900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Greensboro?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Three good reasons to insure your Kia vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Sorento more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, funeral expenses, court costs, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. North Carolina requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sorento.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage, a broken windshield, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses like pain medications, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage covers damage to your Sorento caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Sorento to save money on collision insurance.
One last note
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on Kia Sorento insurance in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)